Well, school's over. I guess that's all good and stuff. It wasn't as sentimental and sad as I expected it to be. I didn't cry rivers as I thought I would. It's also a week into summer break, and I already had my "Oh my gooooooooosh I'm so BORED..." moment. Figures.
So on Wednesday I went to April's house for a nice sleepover.
It was really... an interesting night. I'd say it was a pretty damn rough night.
Yes, I meant every word of that.
It. Was. A. Damn. Rough. Night.
So first, we played Dragon Age Origins for a couple hours. We had trouble making the character look pretty and stuff. But it was still amusing. Also, April can't make decisions. At all. ;;;
So April and I decided to try baking again. Ironically, we decided to bake something lemon-related again. After that episode with the fail fail Lemon Meringue Pies, I thought I was done with lemons. But hey, we decided to try Lemon Tart stick things. We got the ingredients and came home to try baking.
The oven was preheated to 375 degrees, and after a few minutes April went to check if it was actually preheating, because last time, the heat was definitely funky... So she checks the oven, and she finds out that she forgot to take some things out of the oven before preheating: a pyrex glass with the plastic covering on the bottom of it, all on top of some more plastic wrap-looking thing, which was on top of a flat metal pan. So obviously, the plastic melted. Which wasn't bad, because after the plastic was dry, it just came off the metal pan and glass pyrex. It was all good. Except the plastic died. Screw that.
So, after preheating... you know those glass pyrex 9x13 bowls? Yeah, those things that clearly say that you can bake with them? We decided to use that to make our lemon thingies. Well, our dough was ready so we pat it on the glass pyrex and stuck it in the oven (making sure that there was like, no water on it...) and then it just would not bake. We then realized that April's timed bake would not work. So we turned it on bake and decided to time it ourselves. And lo and behold, yay heat from inside the oven! Except after 5 minutes... We hear this loud gunshot-like noise from inside the oven... We open the oven... to find that the glass pyrex has exploded in the oven. Then came the tedious and difficult process of cleaning the oven. Sweeping glass pieces out, trying to make the least noise as possible. We put the glass shards in a bag, and we had to bag it again because the glass poked out of the two bags. So we bagged it yet again, and the glass poked through the third bag, so we went "Fuck it" and just left it as is.
And we ended up cleaning the inside of the oven until 2AM in the morning.
We also managed to do this without waking up the whole household. Pro.
After that, we were so tired that we went to bed. And while April was trying to set the alarm clock, she pushed a button which started practically blaring love songs from the radio. Loudly. Operation try to be really quiet - failed. Because when she tried to fix it, she ended up turning on rock songs instead. Eventually, she set it correctly and we finally went to sleep.
The next morning, we tried one more time to bake, this time with a METAL pan. And we succeeded. I think. It tasted okay, and I didn't get food poisoning yet. So SUCCESS!
Also, Duncan's awesome. Alistair is also amazing.
yo share some lemon stuffs, ho
답글삭제also we must do lots of baking and hanging out while ALL THE SCRUBS ARE AT SCHOOL in september. yes.
way to not blog since valentine's day lol
<----- are at school in august wtfx
답글삭제anyways...yea...hope you didn't eat tiny glass shards that actually poked little holes all the way down your.....ok i'll stop
sounds fun
I WANTZ DRAGON AGE T_T
HAHAHAHAHA
답글삭제that is all.