2010. 12. 25.

Merry Christmas!

'Tis the time for festivity!
So give it up for the presents from Santa that happened to be your... Father?
Whatever.
Whoever your Santa was, whether he had a white beard and was in a fat red suit or not, Christmas is Christmas, and everyone is relatively happier.

But on Christmas, I can't help but think of my own father back in Korea who is spending Christmas alone, yet again. He has spent so many Christmases by himself that I have now lost count. Which is just sad. I should write an email for him later, but saying Merry Christmas over email or phone is never the same. With good reason. But what can you do when you're not swimming in a room filled neck-high with bills, especially when the economy is in shambles?

Well despite this, there is a lot of love and happiness going around the world today. And I constantly remind myself how lucky and blessed I am to have such a happy, harmonious family behind me to support me nowhere I am. And I know that although they aren't exactly Christian, they still pray for me and hope for me, just like how I pray for them.

As the year comes to a close, I can think of so many new resolutions for myself that I actually made last year but have not yet fulfilled it. It's time to give it another try.

Here's to a new year, and a new, fresh start.

Merry Christmas, and happy holidays.

God Bless you, all.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기