I actually genuinely could not wait until I got to homecoming... because the hour of recording at Peabody was not fun. At all.
As usual, I got to the conservatory at around 12:30PM for my orchestra rehearsal. Then Lenny calls during rehearsal... I accidentally clicked "pick up" so Lenny's voice was audible through the sounds of the winds (we were having sectionals). I just shut the phone every time he called. Haha. Sorry Lenny, it was imperative. :) I called you afterwards!
Anyway, unlike other days, when rehearsal would end at 2:30PM, I left an hour early - at 1:30PM to practice with my accompanist before my 2PM recording session. It went pretty well, so we did a couple of runs and went to the recording studio.
I don't know if it was just me being paranoid, but the room seemed a lot colder than it was two years ago... and it was cold then too. All recording studios are too cold. I tried to finish quickly, before my fingers froze over and hardened, but it was too late for that... plus I had to do about five runs. Thank goodness that I got my Cadenza down on my second ish try. So I got to keep my Cadenza. :) <3
As I was coming home from Baltimore, I got so many texts... especially from Jenny... But it worked out in the end :)
Now that Mozart is done (and I will never ever see it again for a while <3)
I get to move on to harder stuff. Like Reinecke. Which is killing my fingers with its fingerings and my mentality with it being a really pretty piece I want to play. I think I'll half-die in the process of memorizing it by January, but meh. ON TO HOMECOMINGGGG POSTTTT OHOHOHOHO
As usual, I got to the conservatory at around 12:30PM for my orchestra rehearsal. Then Lenny calls during rehearsal... I accidentally clicked "pick up" so Lenny's voice was audible through the sounds of the winds (we were having sectionals). I just shut the phone every time he called. Haha. Sorry Lenny, it was imperative. :) I called you afterwards!
Anyway, unlike other days, when rehearsal would end at 2:30PM, I left an hour early - at 1:30PM to practice with my accompanist before my 2PM recording session. It went pretty well, so we did a couple of runs and went to the recording studio.
I don't know if it was just me being paranoid, but the room seemed a lot colder than it was two years ago... and it was cold then too. All recording studios are too cold. I tried to finish quickly, before my fingers froze over and hardened, but it was too late for that... plus I had to do about five runs. Thank goodness that I got my Cadenza down on my second ish try. So I got to keep my Cadenza. :) <3
As I was coming home from Baltimore, I got so many texts... especially from Jenny... But it worked out in the end :)
Now that Mozart is done (and I will never ever see it again for a while <3)
I get to move on to harder stuff. Like Reinecke. Which is killing my fingers with its fingerings and my mentality with it being a really pretty piece I want to play. I think I'll half-die in the process of memorizing it by January, but meh. ON TO HOMECOMINGGGG POSTTTT OHOHOHOHO
HOMECOMING POST PL0X :D
답글삭제